3" Cym. seedlings
Meristem plants 3"
3" other genera
6" Cym. seedlings
Meristem plants 6"
6" Zygo seedlings
3-inch seedlings for sale
Seedlings in 3-inch pots are typically large single growth or bulb and growth, and we ship the largest plants available. Plants of new hybrids (higher numbers) may be only medium sized single growths.
The first line contains our file number and name of the hybrid (if any). The second line
is the names of the parents. The third line is the expected appearance of the flower.
3" pot size seedlings are priced at $8.00 each.
Please feel free to print out our order form!
This is the current listing, and supersedes all previous lists. Plants numbered up to LB 1764 are no longer available in 3" pots.
- LB 1968 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Darch Speckle 'Peppermint' HCC/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Kirby Lesh 'Cinnabar' AM/AOS S/CSA
Darch Speckle 'Peppermint' is a new white cymbidium well striped with pink in the sepals and petals. With the well spotted and striped Kirby Lesh 'Cinnabar' we should get a number of brightly striped tetraploid 4.5 inch flowers blooming in February and March. Could be awards.
- LB 1971 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pywacket 'Evergreen' x Cym. Pepperpuss 'Cascade'
Limited! This is a really off-the-wall cross, mixing the tracyanum striping in Pywacket with the spotting from Pepperpuss. 'Cascade' was the first of the Pepperpuss cross to bloom and has flowers that can last up to four months with spots over a green background. Look for pendant spikes starting in midseason, but expect the unexpected.
- LB 1972 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Khan Flame 'Raquel' x Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' B/CSA
Limited!Dorothy Rowe is one of our finest pink breeders, and combined with Khan Flame, these should produce some lovely bright pink flowers 4" or larger with good shape for February. Could be awards.
- LB 1973 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' B/CSA x Cym. Pele 'Prolific'
Limited! A bit of a different tack here. Look for vibrant colors in the red to dark pink range with good shape blooming in February to March.
- LB 1974 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika' AM/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Red Beauty 'Netty' 4N
This cross should produce some excellent reds. Our exciting Ruby Lips 'Erika' with the classic Red Beauty 'Netty' should make for an interesting combination. These should bloom in March.
- LB 1977 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika' AM/AOS B/CSA x
Cym. Rincon Peak 'Harlequin' AM/AOS
Limited! This cross has outstanding potential. The best of these could be similar to our famous Greek Goddess cross, but with a darker base color. At the very least, there should be some award quality dark pink to red flowers. Should bloom in Feb/March.
- LB 1978 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' B/CSA x Cym. Red Beauty 'Netty' 4N
Limited! Dorothy Rowe has proven to be our best breeder for bright pinks, and crossing it with the classic 'Netty' should make some nice pinks for midseason.
- LB 1979 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Bob Marlin 'Erika' x Cym. Pele 'Prolific'
A cross of two of our best reds to bloom for the March shows.
- LB 1981 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dream Catcher 'Wow' x Cym. Rincon Peak 'Harlequin'
Here is another cross to make some pink patterned flowers. By using Dream Catcher, these could possibly have more plants with patterns than even the Greek Goddess cross. Should be some nice pinks for midseason at least.
- LB 2007 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Lucky Greek 'Emerald' x Cym. Emerald Dragon 'Barbara Uno'
I'd love to see what comes out of this cross of two of our newest plants. We're looking to improve the size and shape of the sepal peloric cymbidiums, and in the green shades to boot! About half should be peloric, but all will be good sized greens. Should bloom in Feb.-March.
- LB 2008 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Brenda 'Geyserland' x Cym. Greek Goddess 'Blushing'
Greek Goddess 'Blushing' doesn't quite have the patterning of its more celebrated sisters, but is named for the eye-catching pink flush on the sides of its lip. Whether that comes through or not, these should be good whites to light pinks for March.
- LB 2011 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pepperpuss 'Dots' x Cym. Mighty Mouse 'Minnie' 2N
Limited! We could get almost anything out of this cross. 'Dots' is one of Miki's favorites from the Pepperpuss cross, and has a light orange-red color with medium-sized spotting, while Mighty Mouse crosses have had colors all over the spectrum. Many will be spotted, and most should be pendant.
- LB 2018 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' AM/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Delta Dawn 'Sunrise'
Limited! We're always looking for new plants to use in breeding, and this is the first time for Delta Dawn. Combined with Hazel Fay, these should be some nice oranges for midseason. Could bloom fairly quickly as well.
- LB 2023 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Grand Dame 'Nancy' x Cym. Brenda 'Geyserland'
Both of these are big clear round white flowers, and we expect more of the same. These should bloom for the spring shows.
- LB 2028 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dosido 'Freckleface' x Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' AM/AOS B/CSA
Here we should have some nice oranges to yellows, some with some dark spots or possibly a red overlay. Most will bloom in Jan.-Feb. but there could be some in December.
- LB 2029 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Everett Stockstill 'Bulai' x Cym. Vogelsang 'Eastborne' 4N
These could be interesting. Should be novelty to small standard flowers on arching spikes, light orange to pink, similar to our Cabaret cross, but with some spotting. Should bloom in Feb-March.
- LB 2032 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Mighty Mouse 'Minnie' 2N x Cym. Pinata 'Darth Vader'
Mighty Mouse has produced a lot of varied color crosses for us, but we really haven't tried it with any of our spotted parents yet. Here, we're looking for mostly orange to light red diploids with lots of spotting and nice dark mostly solid to banded lips and nice long spikes for the March shows, but expect the unexpected!
- LB 2033 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Brenda 'Geyserland' x Cym. Easter Candy 'Bunny'
Limited! 'Bunny' is a sepal peloric with a light pink flush on the lip. Combined with Brenda, these should be half sepal pelorics with an unusual light pink lip, rather than the darker red or spotted lip and markings that you usually see. Will be interestingly lipped whites in any case.
- LB 2035 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Bob Marlin 'Erika' x Cym. Cherie 'Prolific'
These should be large standard flowers in the dark pink to light red shades for February. Could be some oranges and bronzes as well.
New crosses for 2017-2018!
These are generally single growth plants with 8-10" leaf length.
- LB 2065 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Helen Tangcay 'Passion' x Cym. James Toya 'Velvet Fire'
Here's a cross to produce some interesting pink standards, possibly with some patterning from Helen Tangcay. Presumably tetraploids to flower in Feb.-March.
- LB 2082 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Sharon Osato 'Mercutio' x Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika'
We've been known for our red cymbidiums over the years, and here's the latest. First time that we've used our remake of Sharon Osato for hybridizing. Show quality is possible.
- LB 2083 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Karen 'Mokoia Sunset' x Cym. Sunshine Smile 'Harriet Ishitani' 4N
This could be an interesting color combination. 'Mokoia Sunset' is a pastel orange color, while Sunshine Smile is a pure color yellow. Probably yellows with a hint of orange, but who knows. Tetraploid.
- LB 2084 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Karen 'Mokoia Sunset' x Cym. Tower of Fire 'Sunset Flame'
Tower of Fire is a great round yellow with some red splashing that we acquired pollen from and hopefully put to good use. With Karen, we may see yellow to pale orange with some red overlaying.
- LB 2085 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley Splash 'Awesome' x Cym. Woody Wilson 'Snowbird'
Valley Splash has been a good parent Down Under, and we've seen some nice results here. With Woody Wilson, these should be nice whites with a light pink patterns for the spring shows.
- LB 2086 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika'Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika' x Cym. Burma Ruby 'Midnight'
This is another cross of good big reds. We haven't used Burma Ruby much before this, but Ruby Lips 'Erika' is one of our best.
- LB 2088 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Bodacious 'Nancy' x Cym. Tower of Fire 'Sunset Flame'
Bodacious 'Nancy' is a big yellow that we haven't used for hybridizing before. Combined with Tower of Fire, these should be nice big yellows with some red overlaying.
- LB 2089 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Nancy' x Cym. Sharon Osato 'Mercutio'
Another cross of two nice reds. Should be similar to LB 2082, although Ruby Lips 'Nancy' has more of a purple shade than 'Erika'. Look for flowers in Feb.-March.
- LB 2090 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Miki Mouse 'Gold Dust' x Cym. Tower of Fire 'Sunset Flame'
Miki Mouse 'Gold Dust' is a surprise yellow from a mostly green cross that we've had for a while but haven't used much. These should be big round yellows, probably similar to LB 2088, but may have larger flowers and/or longer spikes.
- LB 2091 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pontac 'Trinity' x Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking'
Hazel Fay 'Shocking' was a surprise tetraploid from a mostly triploid orange cross, with great color to boot, and has been a mainstay of our breeding program. With the red Pontac, expect nice dark orange to light red flowers for February.
- LB 2094 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Marie Bashir 'Flash' x Cym. Karen 'Mokoia Sunset'
There could be some interesting color combinations here. Marie Bashir has a mahogany red pattern over a dark yellow background, while Karen is an intriguing pastel orange. Mostly oranges with some red overlay. Should be good growing plants as well.
- LB 2095 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' x Cym. (Giant's Causeway x Electric Ladyland) 'Morgan'
'Morgan' is a light orange-red with tall spikes. Combined with Hazel Fay, we should have nice oranges, possibly with some red, for February.
- LB 2096 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Marie Bashir 'Flash' x Cym. Galette 'Lemon Meringue' S/CSA
'Lemon Meringue' is a new yellow with great shape and size. Ideally, here we'll see its size and the floriferousness, red patterning, and plant vigor from Marie Bashir in this cross.
- LB 2097 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' x Cym. Tower of Fire 'Sunset Flame'
Here, what we're looking for are big yellow to orange flowers with the red patterning from Tower of Fire. Could be awards for Feb.-March.
- LB 2098 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pele 'Prolific' x Cym. Sharon Osato 'Mercutio'
Once again, a cross looking for big reds for the spring. Could be some show quality flowers here.
- LB 2099 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley of Death '600' x Cym. Sharon Osato 'Mercutio'
'600' was the best from our second making of the Valley of Death cross. With Sharon Osato, we're looking for more nice reds for the spring shows.
- LB 2101 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Scooby Doo 'Daphne' x Cym. Tower of Fire 'Sunset Flame'
This is a cross of two different flowers with a red pattern over a yellow background. Ideally, we'd get more of the same, but there could be anything from solid yellow to orange-red here. Show quality is possible.
- LB 2102 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Scooby Doo 'Daphne' x Cym. Karen 'Mokoia Sunset'
Most of these should have a yellow to light orange background with a red overlay, but there could be an interesting effect if the base color is orange. Maybe some solid oranges, too.