3" Cym. seedlings
Meristem plants 3"
3" other genera
6" Cym. seedlings
Meristem plants 6"
6" Zygo seedlings
3-inch seedlings for sale
Seedlings in 3-inch pots are typically large single growth or bulb and growth, and we ship the largest plants available. Plants of new hybrids (higher numbers) may be only medium sized single growths.
The first line contains our file number and name of the hybrid (if any). The second line
is the names of the parents. The third line is the expected appearance of the flower.
3" pot size seedlings are priced at $8.00 each.
Please feel free to print out our order form!
This is the current listing, and supersedes all previous lists. Plants numbered up to LB 1764 are no longer available in 3" pots.
- LB 1968 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Darch Speckle 'Peppermint' HCC/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Kirby Lesh 'Cinnabar' AM/AOS S/CSA
Darch Speckle 'Peppermint' is a new white cymbidium well striped with pink in the sepals and petals. With the well spotted and striped Kirby Lesh 'Cinnabar' we should get a number of brightly striped tetraploid 4.5 inch flowers blooming in February and March. Could be awards.
- LB 1971 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pywacket 'Evergreen' x Cym. Pepperpuss 'Cascade'
This is a really off-the-wall cross, mixing the tracyanum striping in Pywacket with the spotting from Pepperpuss. 'Cascade' was the first of the Pepperpuss cross to bloom and has flowers that can last up to four months with spots over a green background. Look for pendant spikes starting in midseason, but expect the unexpected.
- LB 1972 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Khan Flame 'Raquel' x Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' B/CSA
Dorothy Rowe is one of our finest pink breeders, and combined with Khan Flame, these should produce some lovely bright pink flowers 4" or larger with good shape for February. Could be awards.
- LB 1973 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' B/CSA x Cym. Pele 'Prolific'
A bit of a different tack here. Look for vibrant colors in the red to dark pink range with good shape blooming in February to March.
- LB 1974 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika' AM/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Red Beauty 'Netty' 4N
This cross should produce some excellent reds. Our exciting Ruby Lips 'Erika' with the classic Red Beauty 'Netty' should make for an interesting combination. These should bloom in March.
- LB 1977 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika' AM/AOS B/CSA x
Cym. Rincon Peak 'Harlequin' AM/AOS
This cross has outstanding potential. The best of these could be similar to our famous Greek Goddess cross, but with a darker base color. At the very least, there should be some award quality dark pink to red flowers. Should bloom in Feb/March.
- LB 1978 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' B/CSA x Cym. Red Beauty 'Netty' 4N
Limited! Dorothy Rowe has proven to be our best breeder for bright pinks, and crossing it with the classic 'Netty' should make some nice pinks for midseason.
- LB 1979 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Bob Marlin 'Erika' x Cym. Pele 'Prolific'
A cross of two of our best reds to bloom for the March shows.
- LB 1980 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Bob Marlin 'Erika' x Cym. Red Beauty 'Netty' 4N
Limited! Here is another cross to make some good reds for the March shows, once again using the classic Red Beauty 'Netty'.
- LB 1981 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dream Catcher 'Wow' x Cym. Rincon Peak 'Harlequin'
Here is another cross to make some pink patterned flowers. By using Dream Catcher, these could possibly have more plants with patterns than even the Greek Goddess cross. Should be some nice pinks for midseason at least.
- LB 1982 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dream Catcher 'Wow' x Cym. Greek Goddess 'Aphrodite' AM-JC/AOS B-AD/CSA
This is the first cross made with 'Aphrodite', and we're definitely swinging for the fences crossing it with Dream Catcher. There could be some really eye-catching patterned flowers here. At the very least there will be some nice pinks for midseason.
- LB 1996 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley of Death '600' x Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika'
Limited! We've always looked to improve the red cymbidiums, and this cross is no exception. '600' is the best of our remake of Valley of Death, and 'Erika' is the best from our Ruby Lips cross. Could be awards. Should bloom in March.
- LB 2003 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Avranches 'Green Gold' x Cym. Peter Dawson 'Grenadier' G/CSA
We've crossed Peter Dawson with some whites before with disappointing results, probably due to the green in its background, so I thought of crossing it with one of our nice big greens instead. Expect large light green flowers on fairly long spikes for February. Could be some awards.
- LB 2004 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Joint Venture 'Nugget' x Cym. Louise Hay 'Nancy'
Limited! Here's another cross for big yellows. Probably will have longer spikes but slightly smaller flowers than LB 2002. Should bloom in March.
- LB 2005 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Knock Out 'Splash' x Cym. Fiery Queen 'Sunset'
Limited! Here's another cross for some nice patterned flowers. Both of these are nice large yellow to orange flowers with a red pattern, and we should see that in the seedlings. Should bloom in March.
- LB 2006 Cym. Full Moon
- Cym. Joint Venture 'Nugget' x Cym. Pure Love 'Goldie'
Limited! Here's another cross for big yellows. These will probably bloom a little earlier than some of our other crosses this year, probably closer to February than March.
- LB 2007 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Lucky Greek 'Emerald' x Cym. Emerald Dragon 'Barbara Uno'
I'd love to see what comes out of this cross of two of our newest plants. We're looking to improve the size and shape of the sepal peloric cymbidiums, and in the green shades to boot! About half should be peloric, but all will be good sized greens. Should bloom in Feb.-March.
- LB 2008 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Brenda 'Geyserland' x Cym. Greek Goddess 'Blushing'
Greek Goddess 'Blushing' doesn't quite have the patterning of its more celebrated sisters, but is named for the eye-catching pink flush on the sides of its lip. Whether that comes through or not, these should be good whites to light pinks for March.
- LB 2009 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' x Cym. Tathra 'Dark Beauty'
Limited! We use Dorothy Rowe for the vibrant color it provides to its offspring, and this cross should be no exception. Should bloom in Feb.-March.
- LB 2010 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff' x Cym. Scarlet Beauty 'After Dark'
Limited! Here's an interesting color combination, with the vibrant dark pink of Dorothy Rowe and the dark reddish-brown of Scarlet Beauty. Could be some unusual variety in the red shades here. Should bloom in March.
- LB 2011 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pepperpuss 'Dots' x Cym. Mighty Mouse 'Minnie' 2N
We could get almost anything out of this cross. 'Dots' is one of Miki's favorites from the Pepperpuss cross, and has a light orange-red color with medium-sized spotting, while Mighty Mouse crosses have had colors all over the spectrum. Many will be spotted, and most should be pendant.
New crosses for 2016-2017!
These are generally single growth plants with 8-10" leaf length.
- LB 2018 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' AM/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Delta Dawn 'Sunrise'
Limited! We're always looking for new plants to use in breeding, and this is the first time for Delta Dawn. Combined with Hazel Fay, these should be some nice oranges for midseason. Could bloom fairly quickly as well.
- LB 2020 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' AM/AOS B/CSA x Cym. Fiery Queen 'Sunset'
Limited! This cross should produce many brilliant reddish-orange, most with a darker red flare similar to the Marie Bashir cross, 4 inch flowers for March and April. These should all be tetraploids. Awards are possible.
- LB 2023 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Grand Dame 'Nancy' x Cym. Brenda 'Geyserland'
Both of these are big clear round white flowers, and we expect more of the same. These should bloom for the spring shows.
- LB 2028 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Dosido 'Freckleface' x Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' AM/AOS B/CSA
Here we should have some nice oranges to yellows, some with some dark spots or possibly a red overlay. Most will bloom in Jan.-Feb. but there could be some in December.
- LB 2029 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Everett Stockstill 'Bulai' x Cym. Vogelsang 'Eastborne' 4N
These could be interesting. Should be novelty to small standard flowers on arching spikes, light orange to pink, similar to our Cabaret cross, but with some spotting. Should bloom in Feb-March.
- LB 2032 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Mighty Mouse 'Minnie' 2N x Cym. Pinata 'Darth Vader'
Mighty Mouse has produced a lot of varied color crosses for us, but we really haven't tried it with any of our spotted parents yet. Here, we're looking for mostly orange to light red diploids with lots of spotting and nice dark mostly solid to banded lips and nice long spikes for the March shows, but expect the unexpected!