3" Cym. seedlings
6" Cym. seedlings 4/8/2022
Meristem plants 6"
6-inch plants for sale
Plants in 6-inch pots are bulb and growth to flowering size and may be in spike.
The first line contains our file number and name of the hybrid (if any). If we have a photo of a plant from the cross, the number will be a link to the photo. The second line is the names of the parents. The third line is the expected appearance of the flower.
6" pot size plants are $15.00 each not in spike or $20.00 each with a single spike (October to March only; please inquire about availability). All plants are normally shipped bare root with the potting mix removed. We do not normally ship plants in spike! Plants in spike are normally available only at the nursery. To arrange for shipment of 6" plants in pot or in spike, contact us directly to determine the additional shipping charges required.
This is the current listing, and supersedes all previous lists.
- LB 2089 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Lips 'Nancy' x Cym. Sharon Osato 'Mercutio'
Another cross of two nice reds. Should be similar to LB 2082, although Ruby Lips 'Nancy' has more of a purple shade than 'Erika'. Look for flowers in Feb.-March.
- LB 2091 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Pontac 'Trinity' x Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking'
Hazel Fay 'Shocking' was a surprise tetraploid from a mostly triploid orange cross, with great color to boot, and has been a mainstay of our breeding program. With the red Pontac, expect nice dark orange to light red flowers for February.
- LB 2095 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Fay 'Shocking' x Cym. (Giant's Causeway x Electric Ladyland) 'Morgan'
'Morgan' is a light orange-red with tall spikes. Combined with Hazel Fay, we should have nice oranges, possibly with some red, for February.
- LB 2106 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Mighty Mouse 'Minnie' 2N x Cym. Pepperspotz 'Kali'
We hoped this would have been an interesting cross. Mighty Mouse is a famous polychrome parent and can produce almost the entire range of cymbidium colors, depending on the other parent, but it turned out to suppress spots. In contrast, Pepperspotz 'Kali' is a new spotted hybrid of ours with an arching to pendent spike. Expect floriferous plants with long pendent spikes and with base colors mostly in the yellow to bronze shades, but lots of variety.
- LB 2107 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Ruby Valley 'Box of Chocolates' x Cym. Dorothy Rowe 'Showoff'
Here's a cross to provide some interesting colors. We use Dorothy Rowe a lot for the intense bright dark pink color it provides, while Ruby Valley is an Australian hybrid that we haven't used in breeding before. We hope to get some interesting dark pink to magenta colors on arching spikes that should flower in February.
- LB 2109 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Joint Venture 'Nugget' x Cym. (Icho Tower x Mighty Mouse) 'Chartreuse'
'Chartreuse' is a new seedling-grown plant that we haven't used before. Combined with Joint Venture, these should be big round flowers in the yellow shades for the spring shows.
- LB 2110 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Green Glass 'Solana Beach' x Cym. (Icho Tower x Mighty Mouse) 'Chartreuse'
'Chartreuse' is a new seedling-grown plant that we haven't used before. Combined with the old reliable Green Glass, these should be good-sized standard flowers in the green shades for the spring shows.
- LB 2111 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Da Vinci 'Charm' x Cym. Valley Splash 'Awesome'
Limited! Both of these are plants that we've gotten from Down Under. Here we're looking for upright pink standards, some with a pink pattern over a lighter background.
- LB 2112 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley of Death '600' x Cym. Karen Hawaiian 'Hatfields'
Valley of Death '600' is a big dark red from our second remake of the cross, while Karen Hawaiian is a nice round orange. These should be nice dark orange to red flowers with good size and shape for the spring shows.
- LB 2113 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Memoria Merv Dunn 'Golden Girl' x Cym. Daisy Mae 'Erika'
If you're looking for pure color yellows, this is the cross for you. Both of these are large flowers that bloom in Jan.-Feb.
- LB 2114 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley of Death '600' x Cym. Delta Dawn 'Sunrise'
We haven't used Delta Dawn much before but decided to give it a shot here. Combined with Valley of Death, these should be nice dark orange to red flowers that should bloom for the spring shows.
- LB 2115 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Woody Wilson 'White Knight' x Cym. Soft Kitty 'Sugar'
Here's a cross for those looking for big whites. 'Sugar' is a new seedling-grown plant that is a clear white, while Woody Wilson is one of our old reliable good-growing standards. Should bloom in March.
- LB 2116 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Solana Rose 'Charm' x Cym. Valley Splash 'Awesome'
Limited! These should be good growing big standards in the white to pale pink shades. Some may have a pink pattern over a lighter background color.
- LB 2117 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Marie Bashir 'Flash' x Cym. Ruby Lips 'Erika'
These could be very nice. Marie Bashir 'Flash' is a vigorous-growing, very floriferous red-patterned orange, while Ruby Lips 'Erika' is one of our best reds. Should be dark orange to red flowers, mostly with a darker pattern, for March. Could easily make a specimen plant.
- LB 2118 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Marie Bashir 'Flash' x Cym. Ablaze 'Mine'
Here we're looking to get more patterned flowers. We haven't used Ablaze much due to a short flower count, but are counting on the very floriferous Marie Bashir to counteract that. Some of these may be a solid yellow-orange, but most should have a red pattern over that background color.
- LB 2124 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Everett Stockstill 'Bulai' x Cym. Mighty Mouse 'Minnie' 4N
We made this to try to get a range of colors among our spotted flowers. 'Bulai' is a large round spotted flower, while Mighty Mouse can produce almost any color possible, usually with lots of flowers on long spikes. We'll see if any of the spotting comes through.
- LB 2125 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Soft Kitty 'Sugar' x Cym. Hazel Dawn 'Pinkie'
Hazel Dawn 'Pinkie' was a surprise pink over white patterned flower in an otherwise yellow-background cross. With the big round white 'Sugar', we're looking to get better shape with a patterned flower.
- LB 2128 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Sunrise Fire 'Art' x Cym. Scooby Doo 'Daphne'
Both of these have a red pattern over a yellow background. Sunrise Fire has a much heavier pattern, while Scooby Doo has better shape with just a hint of red. We're looking for more striking patterned flowers, but some could be solid yellow.
- LB 2130 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley Champion 'Gorgeous' x Cym. Solana Rose 'Nancy'
These should be nice light pink standard flowers. Some could have a hint of a pink over white pattern as well.
- LB 2133 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Hazel Marie 'Persimmon' x Cym. Galette 'Lemon Meringue' S/CSA
This is a cross of two of our newer hybrids, and could produce some interesting orange shades. Hazel Marie has an eye-catching orange-red flower, while Galette is a large, very well-formed yellow.
- LB 2135 Unnamed Cymbidium Hybrid
- Cym. Valley of Death '600' x Cym. Stop Sign
We couldn't go a year without making at least one red cross. Both of these are newer dark red flowers, with Valley of Death the best of our remake of the cross. We haven't used Stop Sign much before.